Welcome to the Physiotherapy Department Page
Health is wealth and motion is the potion!
What is Physiotherapy?
- Physiotherapy helps restore movement and function when someone is affected by injury, illness or disability.
- Physiotherapists help people affected by injury, illness or disability through movement and exercise, manual therapy, education and advice.
- Physiotherapy is anchored in movement sciences and all of our practice is based on current scientific evidence.
By combining our expert skills with the most up to date research available, we aim to deliver a Physiotherapy service to the community which we serve, for the promotion of health and the treatment and management of disease and disability. Our ultimate emphasis is on enabling our clients to regain the physical ability to return to optimum function, which is specific to each individual case addressed.
- Orthopaedics - Adult
- Orthopaedics - Paediatric
- Hand Therapy / Plastics
- Pain Management
- Vestibular/ Dizziness
- ENT surgery In-Patient and Out-Patient
- Women’s Health / Continence Management
- Dry Needling
- Back Rehab Class
- SIVUH Physio Youtube Channel
There are two Physiotherapy Departments in SIVUH
1. Physiotherapy Out-Patients Department Victoria complex is located on Infirmary Road, on the 1st floor of the Victoria complex. To access this department you will have to come through the main hub and then walk down to the Victoria complex.
2. Physiotherapy Out-Patients Department South complex is located on Old Blackrock Road. As you enter the main gate of the hospital the Physiotherapy Department is based in a grey prefab to your right.
The department you should report to will be indicated on the top of your appointment letter, it will state Physiotherapy Out-Patients Department Victoria complex or South complex.
Breda Kenny, Manager 021 4926165.
Please don't hesitate to contact us by using the telephone details below during opening hours. Please note we do not have an email point of contact for enquiries. Your appointment letter will indicate which of the below numbers you should contact:
Victoria Complex Physiotherapy Department, Marion Murphy, Secretary 021 4926165
South Complex Physiotherapy Department, Elaine O’ Driscoll, Secretary 021 4926656
The Physiotherapy Department is open from 8am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday. There is an out of hours emergency service for in-patients from 4.30pm to 8am.