Welcome to the Human Resources Department
"To help the South Infirmary-Victoria University Hospital reach its potential through its people"
There are over 900 staff employed at the South Infirmary-Victoria University Hospital. The Human Resources Department provides a comprehensive HR service to managers and staff across a broad range of acute hospital services and support services. The Department is continually striving to provide a leading edge human resources service to all managers and staff. We aim to be transparent in our business dealings, progressive in our policies and procedures and courteous and fair when dealing with managers and staff in relation to issues, whether they are personal or organisational in nature.
The Department is constantly refining and developing the services it provides to meet the ever-progressive legislative changes and best practice. We aim for the South Infirmary-Victoria University Hospital to be an Employer of Choice.
HR Planning/Strategic HR: Ultimately, the goal of the HR Department is to help the Hospital reach its potential through its people. We aim to achieve this by the following specialised functions:
- Recruitment & Selection: The goal of this function is to attract and retain high calibre candidates who will add value to the Hospital in the future.
- Training & Development: To invest in our people in order to make us ready for new skill requirements. This function is responsible for the continued training, professional and personal development of managers and staff in keeping with best practices and in line with organisational objectives. The aim of the function is to develop a ‘learning culture’ through the promotion of continuous learning and development.
- Industrial Relations / Employee Relations: Effective employee relations promote good working relationships and works to the mutual benefit of all parties involved. Our goal is to develop an environment of strong employee relations.
- Medical Manpower Management: We aim to attract a high calibre of Medical staff who will develop Hospital services into the future and who will in turn benefit by training provided within the Hospital. We aim to continue good relations with the relevant bodies that govern medical practice and medical education and training in Ireland.
- HR Administration: To provide an easy to use administration system which facilitates the day to day running of the Hospital.
- Best Practice HR Policies and Procedures: We aim to put in place all relevant best practice policies and procedures for strong employee relations.
- People Management support and advice: The Department is always available to provide advice, support and guidance to managers and staff.
- Quality Improvement Initiatives: The HR Department is progressive and continually strives to be a best practice Department; to work with managers and staff, for managers and staff and on behalf of managers and staff.
Main Hospital Complex
|Anita Regan||HR Manager||(021) 4926251|
|Stephanie White||Medical Manpower Manager||(021) 4926294|
|Ciara O'Callaghan||HR Officer||(021) 4926601|
|Rachael Leahy||Training & Development Officer||(021) 4926416|
|Jenny Murphy||Recruitment Officer||(021) 4926296|
|Orla McLaughlin||T /PA / Assistant Staff Officer||(021) 4926251|
- Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm
South Infirmary-Victoria University Hospital is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Posts are advertised on www.publicjobs.ie.
Current vacancies can also be viewed here