Welcome to the Dermatology Department Web Page
- Patient centred research based care
- Self Management through education
- The treatment of patients holistically leading to improved quality of life.
The department is the regional centre for Dermatology Services. Out-reach clinics are held in the Cork University Hospital and Tralee General Hospital.
The department provides undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and is involved in clinical research.
Appointments are made on receipt of a GP's letter. All letters are seen by the consultant and appointments sent directly to the patient.
Currently there are 5 general out-patient clinics held by the Dermatology Services in the OPD Department.
- There is a weekly contact Dermatitis Clinic run by Dr J Bourke.
- There is a Rapid Access Pigmented Lesion Clinic once a week run by Dr Michelle Murphy.
- There is a Cryotherapy Clinic for Premalignant lesions twice monthly.
- There are 2 Minor Surgery Clinics held in the Department and 2 in the Day Ward.
- There is a Day Care Centre where both in-patients and out-patients receive treatment
- There is a Nurse-led Phototherapy Service available at specific appointment times; Monday - Friday.
- There is a Nurse-Led Cryotherapy Clinic for warts once a week.
The Dermatology Department is located on the ground floor of the hospital, off the Link Corridor. It is most easily accessed from the Victoria side.
To get to the Department
- enter by the Victoria Entrance,
- turn left past the stairs, and
- follow the corridor,
- The Dermatology Department is located on your right.
The name of the Department is displayed on the door. You can enter the Department where there is a waiting area and a secretary.
- Dr F. Lyons
- Dr J. Bourke
- Dr M. Murphy
- Breeda Bourke
- Mary Hegarty
- Esther Hazelwood
Monday - Friday 0800 hrs - 1700 hrs
Dermatology Secretary : 021-4926330 or 021-4926413
Dermatology Nurse: 021-4926307
British Association of Dermatologists - information leaflets for patients